Wednesday, May 27, 2009

About the K Connection

You have to understand how it all started...Back in 2007 ( yeah, like it was such a long time ago lol), after my grad school graduation, I started pondering about what I would do about my future. No corporate America for me, been there done that. I wanted a job I was going to be passionate about and I really wanted to work in a field where I would give something back to my continent.

Fashion came to mind and with my couz and partner in crime, we started THE K CONNECTION. 
K stands for KABA, which in my home country is the traditional dress for women. The goal was to introduce African designers in mainstream america. Oh what a world, what a blast we had...we met so many talented designers that the idea of showcasing them together came up. Yeah! Why not set up an international yearly event where a few African and African inspired designers are going to show their work?

CATWALK FOR AFRICA...Afrochic à la Mode was born. Fashion and entertainment...bam!!! There is the concept. And a successful one I might add...

Since THE K CONNECTION was our own marketing and public relations agency, we decided to produce our first show, and I am glad we did. We really had fun.

For more information about THE K CONNECTION and our humble beginnings, you can check our blog at www.thekgirls.blogspot.com. There are just a couple of articles up there. Things got so crazy and so busy after that we right out had to leave the blogsphere for a while. But we are back again...yeah!

This year in Tunisia, CATWALK FOR AFRICA will be produced by the DISTINCTIVE WOMEN AGENCY. I will tell you all about it in the next article. 

Loads of love to all of you fashionistas...

No comments:

Post a Comment